NON-CANCELABLE DISABILITY INSURANCE
- Plans offered through the SVS Affinity Program are portable so a move to another practice doesn’t affect coverage.
- Plans offered through the SVS Affinity Program are guaranteed renewable, while group plans can be canceled by the insurer.
- The rates for plans offered through the SVS Affinity Program are locked at enrollment. Group plans can raise rates annually.
- SVS members receive a 10 percent rate discount and a possible additional 10 percent discount.
- Principal Life recognizes medical specialties and subspecialties “if the analysis would bear out that the main duties would show that a person was limited to those duties associated with a specialty or sub-specialty.” Examples include specialties and sub-specialties recognized by such groups as the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Benefits through plans offered through the SVS Affinity Program are not taxed. If you are in an employer group plan your benefits are taxed. This means a $15,000 monthly benefit is only $9,000 a month, after taxes, or $108,000 a year. A tax-free plan offered through the SVS program of Affinity Benefits would provide $15,000 a month, or $180,000 a year, instead.
For more information
Call toll free